Monday, February 16, 2015

Do You Have an FHA Financed Home? Refinance Now and Save Hundreds of Dollars per Month

 

Major savings possible as FHA and PMI rates drop


If you bought a house or refinanced a mortgage since 2011 using FHA, Listen Up! You can save a boatload of money by refinancing now. The FHA rate over the last 4 years has been a minimum 1.15% and as high as 1.5% depending on your credit. That rate has just dropped by about .4%. On a $300,000 loan that would be a savings of $1,200 per year if you were to refinance. Depending on the basic interest rate on the loan, the savings could be even higher. MUCH HIGHER!

You could save $150,000 on a $300,000 loan!


Moreover, if you now qualify for PMI (private mortgage insurance) you can save more now and pay no premiums later in the mortgage. You see, the folks who sell PMI have to compete with the FHA insurance. They charge less, but have tighter restrictions on who they will insure. But the critical difference today is that PMI can be stopped when you have 22% equity in your house. 

Here is an example. Possibly you purchased a home for $310,000 in 2013 at 4.35% interest and 1.15% on an FHA insurance policy. You only put down $10,000, so had a $300,000 mortgage. Your combined interest and FHA would be approximately 5.5% of the $300,000 or $16,500 per year ($1375 per month.) Possibly that home has gone up in value to $380,000. If so, you would be able to refinance for $300,000 but now have over 20% equity. This would mean no FHA and no PMI would be needed. Moreover, at today's interest rates, you might also save .6% on interest alone. This could add up to savings of $5250 per year or $437.50 per month...for the life of the loan. That would be a savings of over $150,000.


If you change to PMI, you still save!


Not every home has gone up by 20% over the last two years. But most homes have gone up. Maybe your credit rating has improved also. By refinancing now, you may be able to either lower your FHA rate to the current levels and save at least .4% or you may be able to switch to PMI and save even more. Add this to any savings in the underlying interest rate and you still may be saving 1% or more. On that same $300,000 loan that could be $250 per month every month.

In addition, you may not realize that the FHA insurance you are paying may be for THE LIFE OF THE LOAN! Starting in 2013, FHA does not allow the homeowner to eliminate the insurance when the loan to value ratio is 78%. PMI is almost always for a much shorter period. By refinancing, you can eliminate that extra cost that will continue for up to 30 years. But if you MISS THIS LOW INTEREST RATE window, it may not be possible to refinance. You need to act right now.

 

ACT NOW! Interest rates will not stay this low forever.


It won't cost you a single red cent to call and find out what your options are. Call Bill Rayman at Guaranteed Rate today to learn more about this amazing opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Los Angeles hard money lenders. No points in some cases and lowest interest rates offered to real estate investors in california. connect with hard money lenders today hard money lenders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Los Angeles hard money lenders. No points in some cases and lowest interest rates offered to real estate investors in california. connect with hard money lenders today hard money lenders

    ReplyDelete